Policies and Procedures
The safety and well-being of all students is a priority at Sequoia. The school has a plan to ensure the safety of students during any kind of emergency. This plan is available in each classroom and from the school office. Safety drills are conducted regularly and emergency equipment, supplies and communication equipment are kept on site.
Students are encouraged to learn about safety and emergency procedures and are required to cooperate during all emergency drills. Parents are encouraged to keep their child's emergency contact information current, through Aeries Parent Portal, for the health and safety of their children.
Students must remain quiet and follow directions by the teacher. In the case of an actual emergency, all students will be kept at school until they can be released to a parent or authorized adult.
The staff and administration strive to maintain a safe and secure school campus that focuses on the personal safety of each student. Threatening, intimidation of others and fighting are addressed by the school administration as very serious behaviors. We encourage parents to review safe and appropriate behaviors with their children.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
Safety is our #1 concern at Sequoia Academy. It is very important to us that your child arrives at school and returns home safely each day. Please review the daily route with your child who may be walking to and from school. Students are to go home immediately after dismissal. When dropping off and picking up your child, we ask your cooperation with the following:
- Enter the Parking Lot drop off area from Iroquois Road and form a single file line. Be aware of walkers in the parking lot.
- The Drop-Off lange is for pick-up and drop-off ONLY. Do NOT park or exit your car in this area.
- Please pull all the way forward, stop, and have your child unload quickly. You should NOT exit your car to help your child.
- Children should enter/exit cars on the RIGHT passenger side only.
- If a child is not prepared to enter/exit the vehicle, the driver will need to continue out of the driveway and then circle around to re-enter the parking lot.
- Do NOT enter through exits, nor exit through entrances. This causes multiple safety issues.
- Park your car only in designated areas and use the crosswalks.
- Do NOT stop in the middle of the street to let family members and/or children out of the car.
- Do NOT block driveways or cross streets outside of the designated crosswalks (including jaywalking near the kinder yard.
- Model appropriate crossing for our students by using the clearly defined crosswalks and sidewalks ONLY.
- Do NOT drive around stopped vehicles in the middle of the street or in the parking lot. This is NOT safe.
- All red curbs are NO PARKING Zones.
- Those who block the red curb will be asked to move immediately and may be ticketed.
- Do NOT drive through the front, circle drive. This area is for buses only and handicapped transportation
- Do not leave your car running or block other cars.
- Be patient and safe at all times when driving around campus.
- Watch out for children and families at all times around campus.
- Respect each other and remain in a calm state when driving near or on campus and as you wait your turn in the parking lot.
- Arrive before 8:00am if you are driving to allow time and to avoid being rushed in the drop off process.